Advanced Dry Needling Certification
Advanced Dry Needling Certification
- Have a Ph.D. teaching you: Dr. Joe Rosario has over 20 years of clinical and teaching experience
- Excellent didactics: your LEARNING is guaranteed
- Do as the thousands of our students graduated all over the world
- Extremely efective for pain
- Take your skills to the next level
- 102 hours Hybrid course: theory online, live hands-on
Dates for the live component:
Start: January 24, 2023 @ 9:00 AM
End: May 26, 2023 @ 6:00 PM
Advanced Dry Needling Certification (ADNC)
ADNC (Advanced Dry Needling Certification) is a complete academic program with instant clinical programs that permits the qualified health care professional to attain clinical excellence and expertise in this very effective method to treat Myofascial Trigger Points and pain. Loads of health care providers got their Dry Needling certification through this method. It follows the most relevant up to date scientific evidence. With 102 hours workload, our Advanced Dry Needling course is in accordance with the Physiotherapy regimentation for the Dry Needling practice in Canada.
This Dry Needling course covers all content to treat the trigger points manually and with the needles, respecting all the safety measures which are crucial for the Dry Needling practice.
What is Dry Needling:
According to the American Physical Therapy Association, Dry Needling is an invasive approach to treat Trigger Points, used by physiotherapists to deal with myofascial pain that makes use of a dry needle, without the injection of any substance, which is inserted into areas of the muscle referred to as cause factors. A cause factor describes a taut band of skeletal muscle located inside a larger muscle group. Trigger Points may be painful to the touch and can refer pain to distant places in the body. Physiotherapists use dry needling intending to release/inactivate the cause factors and relieve pain. Scientific data shows that Dry Needling improves pain control, reduces muscle tension, normalizes biochemical and electric dysfunction of motor endplates, and speeds up the process of rehabilitation.
Myofascial Trigger Points and Advanced Dry Needling
This approach links Myofascial Trigger Points and Myofascial views in an objective, complete way.
The scientific background and methods taught use an Evidence-Based Model with solid research and procedures effectively applied for years.
This course comprises large lab classes of all muscle systems mentioned during the course.
Myofascial Trigger Points (MTrPs) are a major source of somatic, somatovisceral and somatoemotional dysfunction. MTrPs also are a primary cause of misdiagnosis among Physiotherapists who deal with musculoskeletal troubles.
Efficient Manual Physiotherapists must be experts in the assessment and treatment of soft tissue dysfunction, which incorporates the utilization of Dry Needling method.
The Advanced Certification in Dry Needling also reviews the evidence of the pathophysiology of myofascial pain; teaches powerful treatments of Trigger Points in the whole body with the usage of Dry Needling. It delves into assessment strategies with an emphasis on diagnosis and differential diagnosis, which results in right muscle selection.
Our Advanced Dry Needling course emphasises safety precautions along with a substantial anatomy review of the selected structures to be needled.
Students exercise effective MTrP Dry Needling treatment strategies for the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines and the upper and lower extremities as well.
Later, the course leads the students to more advanced Dry Needling techniques for tough muscles throughout the body. We extensively discuss and practice these techniques until achievement of total confidence and expertise.
Advanced Dry Needling also teaches techniques for ligamentous and tendinous structures.
The course discusses integrations of diverse manual therapy procedures with Dry Needling and establishment of treatment protocols.
Small groups are the base standard for this program. Individual attention is a very important component of the course. Reserve your spot now to build your confidence in pain treatment and correct needling procedures.
- Define and discuss the pervasiveness of myofascial dysfunction
- Present the science of the pathophysiology for the myofascial trigger point
- Present techniques of diagnosis and differential diagnosis of myofascial trigger point syndrome
- Present, demonstrate and practice treatment techniques for myofascial trigger points.
- Explain the relevance, role and pathology of the fascial system
- Present, demonstrate, and practice treatment techniques using myofascial release principles
- Create treatment protocols for the patient affected by the Trigger Points.
- Teach strengthening and stretching procedures regarding the Trigger Points.
- Establish how to treat acute and chronic pain issues.
- Discuss Physiological principles of dry needling, dry needling methods and models
- Understand and implement Clean Needle Method and the setup of a Clean Field, Safety Precautions, Indications, Contra-Indications, Infection Control, Handling of Emergencies.
- Present, demonstrate and practice Dry Needling treatment methods for myofascial trigger points of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines and the upper and the lower extremities.
- Present, demonstrate and practice Dry Needling therapy techniques for challenging myofascial trigger points in muscles throughout the body.
- Present, demonstrate and practice Dry Needling treatment methods for tendons and ligaments.
- Discuss principles of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging
- Present, demonstrate and practice Dry Needling treatment methods under Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Guidance
- Examine integrative approaches of other manual therapy procedures with Dry Needling and produce treatment protocols
This program combines the Trigger Point and Myofascial teachings of Doctors Travell and Simmons, along with myofascial release foundations, in a methodical, complete and unprecedented fashion.
This powerful and efficient approach, tried successfully for years, permits the clinician to get immediate effects. You will discover ways to evaluate and select the essential muscles to treat adequately every condition. Diagnosis and differential diagnosis are critical additives of this program.
Going beyond the basics, this seminar teaches superior dry needling techniques with clinical integration. This course teaches Dry Needling strategies both for the easiest and most difficult muscles; needling of ligaments and tendons.
You will understand advanced assessment and therapeutic techniques and practice them during extensive lab sessions. You will implement the techniques in your practice immediately after the course. This is a promise!
Required: Adequate lab apparel to uncover the trunk, upper & lower extremities.
Optional: pillow and an exercising mat.
Because of potential dangers during the lab sessions of this course, you may not take part if you are pregnant. If you realize that you have become pregnant by the starting date of the course, we will change your registration to a later date. All other cancellation policies remain in effect.